Monday, March 22, 2010

I call bullshit

OK, I call serious bullshit. Whoever said pregnancy was bliss was lying through their teeth. Why? I don't know. Maybe they felt the need to encourage procreation so the world doesn't end up like that film, "Children of Men". Or maybe because the joy of childbirth was so overwhelming, they completely forgot about the previous 9 months. I don't know why, alright? But I'm here to set the record straight.

At every minute of the day, I am either gassy, bloated, nauseous, tired, cranky, weepy, or hungry. Right now, I am all of the above. While I sit here at my desk, I can't decide if I should bed down underneath it with an alarm clock (ala George Costanza) or haul ass to the nearest Chili's for a double order of baby back ribs. And last night, I failed to fight back the tears after watching a U.S. Senate campaign ad. A. Campaign. Ad. For some reason, it just tugged at the heart strings... I'm getting emotional just rehashing the memory (excuse me for a moment).

Ladies, do yourself a favor and become a lesbian. Save yourself!!

1 comment:

  1. Jill, i think you need some yoga and some calming lavendar and chamomile in your life. Brace yourself, Effie.

    ReplyDelete